An unpleasant odor has been added to enable you to detect even the slightest leak. If you smell gas or suspect you have a gas leak:
Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless and poisonous. Inadequate ventilation or a gas appliance malfunction can cause carbon monoxide buildup. You may have a buildup problem if the air in your home smells stale or stuffy, has high humidity or you find soot from your propane gas fireplace or furnace throughout your home.
If members of your household experience flu-like symptoms, loss of muscle control, headaches, dizziness, weakness, nausea or vomiting, exposure to carbon monoxide may be the cause of the illness. If you believe you have been overexposed to carbon monoxide seek immediate medical attention.
If you smell gas and believe you have a gas leak, call us immediately. We provide 24-hour emergency service every day of the year.
Follow these links to learn more.